Assignment, editorial and commercial photographer Tony V. Martin lives in the Midwest.
Go on, shout at him, he likes it (773) 550-1007 tony@tonyvmartin.com

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Opportunity knocks, but do I always listen?


Photography is about access and opportunity. I was photographing the author Rosemary Gard for an article about her novel Destiny's Dowry. The former gallery owner was charming and gave me a tour of the art in her stylish home. She laughed when she showed me the "mod" vintage wallpaper she used in a small bathroom downstairs. We shot the portraits for the article then I asked her to let me take one "fun" shot for me. I jammed some lighting into the tiny bathroom and we had a laugh with a few shots that I think show a less canned "author" like image. I did a little PS post production on the image and here you go. I try to always remind myself to go beyond the assignment when there is time.

No comments: